FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is behind United Seedbanks?
United Seedbanks is a collective based in Austria which has set itself the target of preserving the genetic diversity of cannabis seeds by storage. We have created this website to allow you to do the same. Some of us have more than 20 years of professional experience with cannabis seeds. United Seedbanks was created in 2005 and went online in 2010.
- Where can seeds be sent to?
A list of countries to which delivery is normally possible may be found here.
- Can seeds also be collected in person?
Yes, seeds may be collected from the Bluedoor shop at Thalbachgasse 4 in Bregenz.
- Do you ship to the USA?
Yes! We deliver our goods to the following US states:
|District of Columbia
- How long does delivery take?
After receipt of payment, delivery time is dependent on region:
|• Rest of the world:
- How are seeds shipped?
Orders are sent in their original packaging in brown padded envelopes. The seeds also receive additional plastic foil wrapping. The delivery envelopes are completely plain, and show only your address and the sender address. We reserve the right to repackage seeds for security reasons when delivering to certain countries.
- Why should I order from United Seedbanks?
- We stock only seeds from leading seed banks. In order to be added to our supplier list, seed banks must meet certain criteria. If accepted, they will be subject to periodic tests, which if unsuccessful will result in the supplier being dropped from our list. In addition, all delivery batches are tested for germinability.
- All our stock items are assigned a lot number on receipt, which enables us to guarantee that our seeds have spent no longer than two years in storage. Seeds remaining unsold after this period will be given away to our customers.
- Where are your seeds stored?
The seeds are kept in a dark, constantly cool environment with a relative humidity of less than 20%.
- How can I order?
A detailed description of the order procedure may be found here.
- Is ordering from unitedseedbanks.com secure?
We never divulge customer information to third parties, and our order system is protected by the latest security methods.
- Is unitedseedbanks.com reliable?
We guarantee that our stock is fresh, so that years of storage life remain. Our deliveries are prompt and dependable.
- What is the germination rate?
Under constant and favourable storage conditions, seeds have a germination rate of 90% after 2 years and 40-80% after 4 years, depending on variety, cultivation type, storage environment etc.
- What about your prices?
Our prices are the same as those of other seed banks.
- How can I pay?
You may pay by:
Unfortunately we cannot accept payments by COD (cash on delivery)!
- cash by post
- bank transfer
- Postcash (see Info pdf under the following link)
- Do you offer quantity discounts?
Yes, send us an e-mail if you wish to place an order of more than 400 Euro: email@example.com.
- What is the best way to store seeds?
Further information about seed storage may be found here. If you live in a country where cultivation is permitted, you will find useful information on the manufacturer websites.
- Can you be contacted?
Very easily, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your query cannot be answered on this website, mail us and we will reply within 48 hours..